The New Year is upon us and I am PUMPED to share lots of exciting news from Robin Dini Photography. The first of many announcements is one that has been in the works for a few months now. I am putting together a charity event to help raise money for the Connecticut Food Bank.
I am a knitter. I’m not ashamed to admit it! It’s fun, relaxing, and when done right…quite stylish 🙂 I emailed a few friends to see if they would have an interest in getting together for an afternoon of knitting and good conversation and the response was great! Here are the preliminary details:
- To participate, a donation of $20 is required and the money will go directly to The Connecticut Food Bank.
- Everyone brings at least one ball of yarn and a set of knitting needles.
- Each participant knits one square in the course of the afternoon/evening and your square will be assembled with everyone else’s to make a blanket or throw.
- The completed blanket/throw will be donated to a local children’s hospital.
- Location: To be determined. If you know of a cool place where a bunch of chatty women can gather for an evening of wine and yummy food, email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date/Time: February 2009. Date to be announced after January 1st.
If you are a novice knitter, that’s okay. All skill levels are welcome!